Music Education for 4.5-7 yr olds
Based on Orff-Schulwerk music education, these group classes build upon your child’s inherent musical abilities to increase their basic music competence – playing in rhythm and singing in tune – as well as learn early music theory, improve movement skills, and express through creative exploration.
- rhythm chants
- children’s literature and poetry
- creative exploration
- instrument play – drums, xylophones, percussion, sound effects, etc.
- Recorder lessons for 1st graders.
• The group process encourages echoing, practice by exploring and extending the music, improvisation, and learning to read and notate music.
• From this early experience, children are then well prepared to enjoy the study of instruments such as recorder, piano, or a stringed instrument by the age of seven or eight.
• The program is carefully designed to encompass an academic year. This encourages the opportunity to delve deeply into the material as well as build a bonded group of musical peers.