Fall 2017 – Spring 2018 School-Year Session:
PreK and K: 4-6 years, TH, 3:15 – 4:05 pm
1st: 6 – 7 years, TH, 4:15 – 5:05 pm (WAITLIST)
Classes are 50 minutes long. School year – 30 weeks of class.
Classes begin September 21, 2017. Last class/performance is May 31, 2018.
Holiday Breaks 2017 – 2018:
Fall Break: 10/19/17
Christmas: 12/22/17 – 1/7/18 (classes resume 1/11/18)
Day Off: 3/15/18
Spring Break: 3/29/18
Fall 2017 – Homeschool Session:
Homeschool Session: 5-7 years old, FR, 11:00 – 11:50 am
Classes are 50 minutes long. 10 week session.
Classes are September 22 – December 8, 2017. (No class on Nov. 10 or Nov. 24)
All Classes are held at the The Nest in Grass Valley, located at 107 W. Main Street, Ste B.
Each class is limited to 10 students.
The readiness needed for the JamAlong class includes the child having some independence from parent and desiring more of that. Parents can drop off or watch through the window. Children also need to have some experience listening to a teacher’s voice and following expected behavior, being respectful of other kids, and having the body control to sit in a circle and follow directions. We work on this in class as well but it is helpful for them to have had some introduction already. Then we can dive more readily into the musical games and activities.
Choosing the right class for your child:
Trying to decide which grade class is best for your child? Especially those with fall birthdays? How would you answer these questions?
• Musically, has your child participated in a group music experience like Music Together?
• Physically, has your child taken any type of movement classes?
• Developmentally, consider your child’s attention span for fifty minutes. Consider his or her ability to follow group directions.
• Socially, does your child tend to have more interest in being with children who are a bit younger or older than they are?
Recommended Age Groupings:
Pre-K: 4-5 years
K: 5 – 6 years
1st: 6 – 7 years
Reason for School-Year Length Program:
The program is carefully designed to encompass an academic year. This encourages the opportunity to delve deeply into the material as well as build a bonded group of musical peers. Music is also a performance art. By the end of the 30 weeks, the children are confident to share the material in a performance for their parents.
Cost of Classes:
Class Tuition covers the academic school year. There are 30 classes total.
There are three payment options available:
- Paid in Full by Sept 14 = $700
- Covers the school year, Sept 21, 2017 – May 31, 2018
- 3 monthly payments of $250 = $750
- 5 monthly payments of $155 = $775
Registering holds a spot for your child on the wait list.
Payment moves your child from the wait list to a confirmed spot in class.